Dr Bala YesufuIvsm
vice Chairman/Director of Training & Development
Chief Bala Yesufu, is a graduate of the University of Lagos and holds an MBA from the Lagos State University, Lagos Nigeria. He holds Doctor of Science Honorary Causa in Management and Corporate Governance of the European-American University, Commonwealth of Dominica.
He worked variously at Portland Paints and Products Nigeria Limited, then wholly owned subsidiary of the West African Portland Cement now, a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, where he was Area Sales Manager for the North East Region; K.M. International, Manufacturers of Kessingsheen Cosmetics and Beauty Products as General Manager and Nigerian Breweries Plc (a part of Heineken International N.V), as Export Manager and later First Heineken Brand Manager , culminating in a Public Affairs role in the nation’s capital, Abuja until June, 2013 when he voluntarily retired after 21 years of meritorious service to the brewing giant.
He joined Cadbury Nigeria Plc (a subsidiary of Mondelēz International) in June 2013 and retired in March 2019 as Director, Corporate and Government Affairs, West Africa, in addition to being a member of Cadbury West Africa Leadership Team.
Bala has a rich pedigree in sales and marketing, corporate and government affairs, general management and export operations, garnered over three decades in Nigeria across a range of industries, including cement and decorative paints, cosmetics and beauty products and fast moving consumer goods.
Bala is a prolific writer and author of the Book; Export Architecture Roadmap: The Nigerian and Global
He is a member of many professional and industry associations which include:
• Fellow, Shipping and Freight Institute of Nigeria.
• Distinguished Honorary Fellow (FIBM), Institute of Brand Management of Nigeria.
• Distinguished Fellow, Professional Excellence Foundation of Nigeria (PEFON).
• Fellow, Business Process Management Institute of Nigeria (fbpmi).
• Fellow, Corporate Governance Professionals of Nigeria (FCGP)
• Treasurer, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, Export Promotion Group.
• Member, Board of Trustees, Export Development Fund (EDF) Scheme of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council.
Bala at one time or the other held the following positions:
• Chairman, Awareness and Publicity Committee of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Export Promotion Group.
• Resource Board Member, Nigeria Tennis Federation.
• Chairman (other African Countries), Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Export Promotion Group.
He is a Past Assistant Governor of Rotary International District 9110 Nigeria; Paul Harris Fellow and Major Donor to Rotary International Foundation.
He belongs to a number of Social and Recreational Organizations including:
• Ikoyi Club 1938
• Lagos Lawn Tennis Club
• Island Club
A Prince of the Ancient Kingdom of Ayuele (Agbede) in Edo State of Nigeria, Bala has been honored with Chieftaincy titles of Atoyegbe of Ogudu – Land, Lagos, Asekhamhe of Uzairue Kingdom and Inaboya of South Ibie Kingdom of Edo State.
He is happily married and blessed with children.